Across two days, newly staffed Legends settled into their new EPIC community. Tons of knowledge was shared and the good vibes were a plenty. As you can see above, a sense of belonging is already brewing. When you see these New Legends, be sure to welcome them and ask, "how did you get to EPIC?" Everyone's story matters!
[New Legends (L to R): front row | Mr. Branch, Dr. Hawkins; second row | Ms. Reese, Ms. Waters; standing | Ms. Johnson, Dr. Mathews, Ms. Simpson, Ms. Hill;
back row | Ms. Cabrerra, Mr. Limonta. Also pictured: Ms. Paul, Mr. Bowens, Ms. Bennet, and Ms. Hayes]
Swipe in. Sign in.
Swipe out. Sign out.
One of the most exciting things to do at the beginning of the school year is to prepare a welcoming learning environment for students. Therefore, Administration has prioritized this essential component of school-readiness. By all means, use your professional creativity to bring life to the classrooms at 8255 S Houston. However, all classrooms must have specifics directly connected to "the EPIC way." At the least, each classroom must have the following "SY23 readiness" components:
- Designated "All about your Teacher" space [Introduce yourself aesthetically. Again, be professionally creative.]
- Board configuration outlining the date, daily standard, "Students will know...; Students will understand...' Students will be able to do..." statements
- Post the following school wide artifacts as anchor charts to manifest "The EPIC Way":
- Portrait of a Graduate
- Universal Classroom Management Best Practices
- Excellence Framework
- Norming & Content anchor charts
- Designated space to post students biweekly graded tasks
Does anyone remember the old school door decoration contests? Well on Thursday afternoon, we all will engage in a school-wide walk through with that same level of healthy competition. The Classroom Readiness checklist will be released prior to Thursday. But when in doubt, #beEPIC.